POEM: One Sense

                                        


It all started when I wanted to smell the sky
Smell the beginning of life
Pure ice is falling
And it's beautiful
I'm standing in the middle
And the white is bountiful
It's amazing
And you may think its a lie
But from where I was
When the ground reflected the sky
The ink dried
And my pen wouldn't write
Do you know what it is like
To stand in a natural freezer
All sound stands still
Your internal clock is the natural breather
It's fascinating
This phenomenon called snow
Hear what I'm saying
On this, 
On it,
You can watch the wind blow
I'm telling you
All sound stands still
And when you close your eyes
You can feel
Life stirring
And life ending
It's like a black-and-white dream
And you and I are the surviving team
Picture the snow-capped mountains
And you are in the middle
All around the snow is falling
Now imagine you on a spindle
Nature weaves you as it likes
With you caught up in its lovely grey spikes
This calm stillness which falls before me
And the wind howling
Beckoning to me
Deeply implants a prayer never thought of
Humans and nature do fit hand in glove
So if I should die
Before I wake
I pray the snow
My soul to take



Comments

Popular Posts