POEM: Where The Colors Are

 


They said I couldn't go

It was too bright

They said I couldn't stay

It was a fright

I don't want to be held back

I want to be a sight

To behold.

I want to go where the colors are

Where grey meets blue

And red is everywhere

And some of that yellow too

Dance with me in the green

Where grey is on the sidelines

Unable to be heard

Unable to be seen.

I want to go where it was forbidden

To spread my colors open

Sound waves vibrating on the colors

And begging to be ridden

I want to sing a new song

One that makes all the shades of purple

Skid to a halt

And want to come along.

If you listen closely

You can hear the greys

Cry out in lament

As they're waving to the days

When all they had to do

Was lift the colorless blinders

And step through the haze.

Seeing past them all

Seeing through to you

I reach my hand across the divide

Reaching to pull you through

And when they ask where we've gone

I hope they say we're where the colors are

And there is where we'll stay.






Comments

Popular Posts